POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : QT or other problem : QT or other problem Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  QT or other problem
From: tgl
Date: 3 Oct 2003 06:10:02
Message: <web.3f7d4a89882e39d35115eaaa0@news.povray.org>
Hello Friends
 I have been using POV and Quicktime for animation for a long time without
any problems until recently. I am presently experimenting with complex
morphing textures using various normals, finishes and media. I usually do
test renders to Quicktime at 24 FPS, 360 frames, a fairly high rendering
resolution and an image size of 320 x 240. At times I will increase the
image size and re-render when a particular test has been successful and
this is where I've been experiencing problems.
 These larger animations have a random jitteriness(?) when played back. It
almost seems as if some frames of the animation were missing but they're
not. I have given both POV and Quicktime a large dose of memory and
although my computer is not the latest, I've never seen this happen before.
 Any suggestions...please?!
 Thanx in advance
 TGL